Friday, March 28, 2008

VW comes back home!


The Bug makes it back home this afternoon after nearly $1900 in repairs. The poor thing has been in storage since 1996 essentially, and while I've been able to do some things to it to keep it a viable vehicle, I've not done nearly enough. Finally I just had to admit to myself that the pros at Hilltop needed to do it up for me and then I'd just handle the frightening bill! Paying bills, the thing that there strangely seems plenty of time to do...


Anybody thinks 1900 bones is a nutty bill for a VW repair, just give me a repair item task and I bet its on the recent list of completed items!


Upside is we're in perfect convertible weather right now, so getting the Bug back with a clean bill of health will be very nice.

2 comments:

Steve Reed said...

So does this mean it's road-worthy and driveable now? I don't think I've ever actually ridden in that thing...or if I have, it was so long ago that I no longer remember.

utahDOG! said...

Road-worthy and driveable. Even has a horn and high beams! Needs a bath though, smells like a landfill...