Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mongoose update!


Not really deserving of an exclamation point, I mean it is just a Mongoose. But a bike's a bike I guess... They all deserve some exclaiming...even the little steel ones destined to be trials beaten.


Put on some Race Face cranks and a Salsa ring and bash guard, Race Face bar and Profile stem, Kalloy el cheapo 26.2 post (might be a 26.6, actually...seems loose when the clamp isn't snug), SDG saddle and my dodgy Altek black levers. I had the Altus front hub and Mavic 217 already, and I bought an STX-RC rear hub and some new 14ga spokes and built up a used 217 for the rear wheel. Tires were sitting around too. The bike will be up and running soon, and then I'll fine tune some of the parts for things more trials specific. Right now the goal is getting it moving and using the thing. Looks like it will be a good time. Unfortunately the next two weekends are booked so I won't have much of a chance to use it, but there you go. Married with children.

No comments: