Wednesday, July 30, 2008

No bike today! Frogs or not!


I brought the Land Rover to work today...big dollar investment in both gas and parking. Rover gets about 15mpg in the city, and my commute is about 12 miles round trip. Rover takes premium gas which runs about 4.25 a gallon, so we'll call it 4 dollars in gas, and then 6 bucks to park the pig. 10 bones! I could have bought another Knog Frog! Need to drive to take home a few boxes of personal stuff so when I pack in my gig I don't have to carry too much to the door! Ha!


Tomorrow I'll bring the road bike in to the office and then after work, weather permitting, I'll hit the bridges for a bit of hill work with the roadies. The MS150 is right around the corner and I need to get my ass hard for the ride or I'm going to hate life. I already ditched the sexy but painful Flite Titanium saddle, that all Italian steel road bikes deserve. That thing was the shit to look at, but truly shit to ride. Sold it for 90 clams on the fleabay. Bing!


I've been so focused on the work stuff, related to bike advocacy and other projects, that I've not been on the bike more than just a few commutes a week. Factor in the weekend in Tampa, and then two weekends in Michigan, and I'm damn well fat and lazy!
-
-
Pic ganked from Pinkbike.com

2 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Ah, it takes longer than that to get fat and lazy. You're probably just lazy. :)

Steve Reed said...

Happy birthday to the spawn! :)