Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fun with Flea ('bay)

From the ol' fleabay, these are the two newest retro additions to my spare component megaplex here at Utahdog World Headquarters... First, another blue SDG 7000 titanium railed Kevlar covered saddle. These fit my big butt very well, thanks. And no, dear wife of mine, I can never have enough.

Pictures of course...to make Bikesnob proud...

And a Mavic 217 Sunset 32 hole wheel set, laced to some 950 XTR hubs. Front wheel is one cross (and USED, despite what the auction said...grr) and the rear is 3x on both drive and non drive. The rear wheel seems to be a legit take-off item, with very little signs of use, but the front wheel has been ridden. I'm pretty happy non-the-less though, as both wheels are dead straight and evenly tensioned, and the sidewall of the front wheel doesn't show excessive wear, so it's not seen much use. Still, people, list you stuff as honestly as possible...this wheel set would have still brought a pretty penny without any misdirection or slight of hand regarding condition...

Both pictures are from their respective auctions, so I'm not responsible for the pic quality, and I'll assume that the sellers don't give a hoot as they no longer own the stuff, but rather have pockets stuffed with green-backs instead... "Let not he who hath mounds of Franklin's in thine pockets be tempted to wreak havoc in the courtrooms of the land, for thou who art stuffed with cash shall in the end slew the fatted goats themselves." Or something to that effect...

In other Fleabay news...I slept through an auction for another Beast of the East, located here in town this time, which would have afforded me the chance to add a matching fork to my personal Beast. Blame the Benadryl... Again...grrr.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

When are you opening your shop? You have more stuff to sell than most of them.

Paul posting on Caroline's account.

utahDOG! said...

I had no idea Caroline was an ABBA fan!

SOOOPAPAH!!! TROOPAPAH!!!!

My retro goodies are never for sale, although I've been known to help my buddies dress their bikes in retro goodness. Orange SDGs for you, Gary and Matt for example.

Steve Reed said...

OMG! You got a comment from SOMEONE ELSE!!!