Monday, February 15, 2010

Answer A-Tac stem

The A-Tac shown here via ganked auction pic cost a bit more than I'd hoped, but thats how it rolls when you play the snipe game. Sometimes you piddle out a slight percentage of your max bid, and sometimes you blow the whole load. If you're thinking that there must be some reason that these parts are being collected by yours truly...some project that these babies are destined for, you're right.

Stay tuned!

Rats! I just read the LAST post, and dammit if I didn't spill the beans already! Yeah...these bits are destined for the Rascal. I was holding out hope that I'd be able to find an old school IRD 'Ricky Racer' stem for the Rascal, as I had one of those bad boys on the old Rascal back in the day. Alas...I think there are only 10 in existence, because not only do you never see them for sale, you never see them on a bike at all! It was a cool stem back in the day, although not terribly functional, as the double quill style mounting never stayed tight, and during technical rides, your handlebars would cock 30 degrees to one side at the most inopportune time. Still, they were swank, and they are rare, and I'm a slutty tramp for the swank and the rare. And besides, random bar misalignment just makes riding more "technical!"

Got a picture somewhere of the Ricky Racer. I should post that up so the 99.8% of you out there who have no idea what the hell I'm talking about can at least have an idea what the target of my lust looks like.

Anyway...no IRD, meh! I'll plug in an A-Tac and a Taperlite and call it a day. Either way, I should get my big carcass out on a bike soon or the stem/bar combo on the Klein won't matter, as my ever increasing winterized girth will snap the Klein itself into a lump of soda-can kindling, A-Tac be damned!

Fat Man + Klein = Fail

No comments: