Sunday, November 13, 2011

EWR update!

Spent a little chicken on the EWR to determine if it lands on the eBay out door or if it once and for all finds a warm fuzzy place in my heart. Early feedback is positive.

New 9 speed Sram chain and cassette update the drive train.




Truvativ Noir carbon (eek!) crankset and Team GXP bottom bracket bearings



Then I got down to the glamor side of the weekend... Now you see the cheap-ass headtube sticker and...




...now you don't!




I marked the holes to drill and tap, and then a little double sided tape to hold it in place as I set the stainless hardware with a bit of Lock-Tite. Note that the screw heads are properly clocked, thank you very much.





The done deal.



The drive train.



The Rock Shox Valdez.




And to top it off, a fresh 100mm 5deg Thomson stem to shorten the front end to the prescribed measure from the EWR folks.



Next stop, Dirt!

5 comments:

Goats Love EWR's said...

Ummm...its early here and I'm not fully awake but were you considering selling your Woods? :-O

utahDOG! said...

Only in the sense that I don't use it as much as I should. Between the Phoenix and the Turner, it has been a dusty critter for quite a while.

Haymaker said...

Mmmm...if you decide to sell let me know. It'd be a nice addition to my collection!

utahDOG! said...

Not seriously considering it, really. Only when I hit my head on it when it's hanging from the rafters in the bike room.

utahDOG! said...

its