Monday, October 1, 2012

66 Split

Ever want to drive a 46 year old VW Split from Gainesville Florida to the West Coast?



Well, wonder no more!

Two gents, both by the name of Mark, (no word on the Funky Bunch), are on their way from Fla to Cal in a 66 VW Deluxe.  This is a bold move and surely promises to be an adventure. Heck, I break out in a cold sweat when I get more than 25 miles from my house in my Split!!

The subject 66 is similar in trim to my  bus, but obviously has a few more windows.  Many, many more windows, being the more expensive 21 window Deluxe as opposed to my 13.  Follow the tale by clicking the linky above or the blog listing over there to the right...

In related news, my bus's Pierburg fuel pump decided to slowly dribble and trickle a steady flow of raw gas from the 6 screws that hold the two main halves of the pump together at the diaphragm.  Some quick screwdriver action and the leak is solved.  I rebuilt that pump so I'm surprised it leaked so soon.  One more thing to keep an eye on...

At least I'm not thousands of miles from home, like the Funky Bunch.

1 comment:

Steve Reed said...

I'm guessing both Marks are mechanics!

Dad would break out in a cold sweat if he got 25 miles from home too. Of course, that has nothing to do with the car.