Sunday, February 3, 2013

Rigid fork for the EWR

Still looking at solutions to making the blue EWR into a bike that I would readily pull down off the rack to ride by choice and not need.  Sure it is a fun bike to ride, but when I want a trail bike, I use the Turner.  When I want a park bike I use the white EWR.  When I want a quirky bike for Tillie night rides, I use the Redline.  When I do 40 miles of fast trails at Santos, I use the Phoenix.  I don't ever reach for the blue EWR unless I have an issue with the other four and I need to.  When I do it is a good time, but it isn't the first choice.  Sometimes I wish it were a 29.  

Did I just say that out loud?  Oops.

Well, I could make the front of it a 29.  Or maybe I could make the whole thing a 650B. Hmmm...  I would need a fork for either of those choices....


Enter Salsa CroMoto Grande 29'er fork.  470mm axle to crown length, which is pretty close to the measurements of my Revelation set at 100mm travel and adjusted for proper sag.

I'll keep you posted.  First, I'm going to go ride the Turner.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Drink a beer then ride it.

utahDOG! said...

or a beer WHILE riding it.